Property Preparation: What is Rent Ready?
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents. To comply with Sundance Rental Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- The property needs to be cleaned to Sundance move-out procedure standards to include all light bulbs working and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operate as designed.
- Caulking in the kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew.
- Doors and locks are all functioning properly with a minimum of two sets of keys provided.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens to be provided and be in good condition.
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini blinds.
- All painted surfaces are fresh with no mismatch touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner if touch-up paint does not match.
- The garage floor is swept and the only items to remain are those that would be used to maintain the home or used to make repairs. Example: extra flooring, paint, shingles, hurricane protection materials.
- Functional smoke detectors are installed and if the home has gas a carbon monoxide detector is to be installed also.
- If the home has a pool/hot tub (safety sensor installed).
- Lawn cut and trimmed, landscaping orderly, and bushes/trees trimmed away from the roofline.
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris, has been recently inspected, and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
Sundance can offer assistance in preparing your home for the market and coordinate any work needed.